Thursday, May 22, 2008

Food

I was going to do a post about my kid's food and the issues around it but then Quigs did one and I felt like a big old copy cat so I didn't (that, and the thought was fleeting and I don't really remember what I was thinking of posting in the first place).

Instead I'm going to rant and rave about my food. First the Rave. A couple of weeks ago, I saw some sandwich things at the store. They were on sale so I picked up a few varieties. They are super tasty and I'm so glad that I found them. They are the Deli Creation microwave sandwiches. In some cases, I have to replace the cheese because I don't like the style that is included but over all, I'm very happy with them.

Next the rant. This week we were at the store and they had some different microwave sandwiches on sale, in different flavors so I thought I would try them. I tried the first one today and unless the others are majorly better, I'm glad I only spent just over a dollar a piece on them because they aren't good. They are the Bistro sandwiches and to describe them in a word is gross. They are supposed to "grill in the microwave" on the "revolutionary grill platter" What actually happens is that the bread, which is soaked in butter to help with grilling, stays soggy. The cheese, instead of melting, turns slimy. And the meat gets tough and just slides around on the slimy cheese. The only place it actually "grilled" the bread, it caused it to burn and stick to the platter, causing me to rip off a chunck of bread trying to get it loose.

I've got 2 others in the freezer and I'll try them, but they are currently getting 2 BIG thumbs down.

No comments: