Saturday, December 22, 2007

Bathroom water, CEc and Zelda

I don't like drinking water from the bathroom. I realize in my head that it is exactly the same water that is in the kitchen. However illogical it may be, I can't convince the rest of me that the water is the same. I'll drink it sometimes but if given a choice, I drink from the kitchen. Strange I know and it has no real point. :)

We were out shopping today and took the kids to Toys R Us to spend their gift cards. Lizzie picked out a pink Little People Castle (When we pointed out that buddy already had a castle set she said "yep, now I have pink castle and it has a princess") and a "Musical Tea Set" Much to my dismay, she seems to prefer girly things :( A side note, she tried to play with one of C's toys the other day and he told her she couldn't because she was a girl and girls only like makeup and dolls. GAH!! I pointed out that I'm a girl and I like (and never did) neither of those things.
He said "did you like video games and superheros"
"Yes, actually I did"
"so you were a geek?"
" yes I was and in case you haven't noticed, I still am"
"no you aren't" What a sweet boy LOL

He bought Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass for his DS. He started playing the game with my dad and he was having a hard time with it. When we got home, he asked for "help" (which means, play my game while I watch) so I was playing it for awhile and the game ROCKS. My absolute all time favorite video game is the original Legend of Zelda. I played it for years and years and years and finally beat the first half of the game on an emulator a few years ago. I haven't managed to beat or even figure out the second half and likely never will. Anyway, this game is like a cross between orignal Zelda and Final Fantasy 9, which is another in my top 10 best games ever. I may have to start a game of my own on the system because it is that much fun.

While we were shopping, we decided that we were going to take the kids to McDonald's to let them run off some energy. We drove by the one by the mall and it was PACKED. We decided to try the other one but the kids freaked out and said they wanted BK instead. Mom decided that she wanted to do something different and while she was thinking about it, she came up with Chuck E Cheese in Bloomington. So we ran home, grabbed my dad and headed for Bloomington. We had pizza and played games and spend 2 hours. Lizzie napped on the way home and C played more of his game.

2 comments:

Ros said...

Wait a minute, you mean you searched all over the net for cheats & walk-throughs and you still couldn't beat Zelda? Or are you one of those weird purists who won't do that?

Personally, Sean made me try MarioParty on his DSLite the other day and I'm hooked. And I can't wait to set up the PS3 I bought him/us for Christmas!

The Fearless Freak said...

I most certainly not a purist. I love walkthroughs. However, when I first started playing Zelda it was a new game and there was no such thing as the internet. I had a "Nintendo's Hottest Game" book that showed a little bit about 10 or so different games but I was on my own for the rest. LOL

By the time I got the emulator (since my Nintendo died :( ), I knew how to do EVERYTHING (I could have written an amazing walkthrough at that point) in the game except beat Gannon. Once I found the secrect, it was easier. It felt wrong somehow to not be able to figure out the second part of a game I had been playing for years so I didn't worry about it. Plus, I had played parts of the second game before (entering the name "Zelda" on the opening screen got you there) and it wasn't as fun or interesteing as the first half, which is strange considering it was just a rearranged, slightly harder version of the first LOL

We are getting a Wii for Xmas and we are setting it up tomorrow night after the kids go to bed and I CAN NOT wait to play it!