Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'm so egg-sited!

I've decided I want something on my front door for all the holidays. I didn't really have anything for Easter and the wreath I wanted was almost $20 and we all know I'm far too cheap to pay $20 for a silly decoration! After browsing around Pinterest, I decided that I could totally make my own for cheap.

I started at the I.D.E.A store where I spent no small amount of time digging through a huge barrel of plastic egg halves and matching them up. For my trouble, I got a pound of plastic eggs for $2

Then I went to Michael's and picked up a wreath form and some Easter ribbon. Surprisingly, 3 yards of ribbon was not enough to wrap all the way around the wreath form, so I have to go back tomorrow and get more to finish it off with.

I started off by hot gluing all of the egg halves together, so they wouldn't come apart, once they were on the wreath. Then, I hot glued the first end of the ribbon and then wrapped it tightly all the way around the form, putting a dab of glue on each overlap on the back.




Then I smeared some hot glue on each egg and glued them to the ribbon on the form.



After some discussion, it was decided that more eggs were better, so I added some additional eggs on the inside of the form.



Tomorrow, I'm going to wrap the rest in ribbon and finish gluing on the eggs. Then I'm going to make a loop of ribbon and glue it to the back so I can hang it on my door.

As you can see, I'm very egg-sited to have my Easter wreath nearly done.

No comments: