Friday, February 24, 2012

Luck of the Irish

Have you seen those cute Easter egg ornaments that they have all over the place right now? I like them and I bought a set, along with the tree to hang them from in the Target dollar section a few weeks ago. I decided that if I had some little shamrock ornaments, I could set the tree out now and have it work for St. Patrick's day and then change them out for Easter. Well, I looked all over for little shamrock ornaments, like my eggs, and couldn't find them anywhere. Being a DIYer, that wasn't really a road block, I just had to find 3D shamrocks and my glue gun and I were good to go!

I found them at Michael's at 40% off



Then I scored green glitter ribbon for $1 I will admit that this wasn't quite what I thought it was. I thought it was green glitter wire, instead of ribbon, but this was great too. I was kind of disappointed that they didn't have any other options (they were all too wide or too Valentine's) but green glitter worked for me :)




Shamrock ornament




Shamrock tree!



It took me about 20 minutes to make 16 of them, although most of the time was spent trying to peel the hot glue strings off my fingers and the shamrocks.

No comments: