Wednesday, August 8, 2007

My centers

The promised picture post :)

This is the train/block center. We set up the track and nailed it all down so they always have a nice set up to play with. In addition, we took out all the other pieces of track and but them in a bucket to the side so they can set up whatever they want on the floor. Additionally, all of our Mega Blocks are stored over there

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is just to the left and across the doorway from the train table. It has all the blocks, magnetix and extra train pieces, as well as the dinosaurs and the army men.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is left again from the buckets. Two baskets of cars, the big dinosaurs and the bead thing.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is the library with the 2 chairs. It is sort of a mess right now. Eventually, I will get it all sorted by topic but that is a project for another day.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is the art center. We have old plastic table clothes on the floor and the walls to keep paint and playdoh from getting everywhere. In the wire rack, we have paint, extra paper, scissors, crayons, markers, colored pencils, playdoh and stamps. At some point, when we have some extra money, I'm going to get some more stamps (stamping sticks which are easier for the kids to hold with out getting their hands in the ink pad) and a set of stencils. Of course, I want the most expensive stencil set I found, but it is a big set.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is the kitchen, which backs up the art center. On the top shelf is just counter space with the mixer and stuff and the bottom shelf has a container that has all the food and dishes in it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Next step is to set up a math/science center with discovery bottles, magnifing glasses, file folder games, sorting bears, and unifix cubes. I think I'm going to have to do away with one of my toy boxes though to fit that in.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

This looks great!!! You go girl - when can you come over to my house???

Anonymous said...

This looks very home schoolish... is that your plan? I thought you were planning public school and all...

It looks wonderful. I wish I had the space to do something like this. I love the idea of carpeting and wallpapering with the table cloths! It's a perfect idea! They clean up so nicely.

The Fearless Freak said...

We are doing public school for C. In fact, I had to go register him today. Lizzie might do homeschool for preschool (dh has been telling me for awhile that he doesn't want me to go back to work which means no preschool for her), which is part of this. The other part is I think having certain areas for certain toys will help keep my house a little cleaner.

And we really don't have much space. These area DOMINATE everything else. We have 1400 square feet and it is laid out horribly

Henny Penny said...

Wow! That's awesome. We have toys strewn everywhere. It is chaos.