Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Sewing

First point, I DO NOT sew. I can't even sew a button on a shirt. I can thread a needle and I have done cross stitch patterns in the past. I have no idea how to use a sewing machine and the only one I even have access to is my mom's that is older than I am. I can plug it in but I probably couldn't do anything else with it.

Now, on to my question. I make knot blankets, which are easy, even for the craft challenged like myself. The problem is, I can't find fleece bigger than 60 inches wide. I want to make a blanket for my queen sized bed for this winter. I have a comforter, but I feel like the fleece is warmer over all.

What I need to know is how hard it would be for a complete craft idiot like myself to sew two pieces of 60 inch fleece together. It seems to me that it would be a simple straight line but I'm not sure how I would get all 60 inches of the fleece crammed under the sewing machine and still be able to sew it.

3 comments:

Henny Penny said...

You lay one piece of fleece on top of the other with the edges lining up. Then you sew a straight line down the edge. That will be the middle inside seam. Unfold.

The Fearless Freak said...

Duh! I can't believe I didn't think of that LOL

Anonymous said...

you could knot the two pieces together, too. Might make a nice visual element to it.