Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - spoilers

Caution, this post contains SPOILERS. I'm going to try and change the text color so you have to highlight to read it because I don't want people to be spoiled that don't want to. Highlight if you want to be spoiled. So after much playing, the text is white. I won't change no matter what I do. Better than nothing, but you can still read it if you try hard.















I finished the book last night. I read somewhere that two main characters die but I think that was a lie. At least 7 people that I would consider major characters died. Mad eye died at the beginning in the first battle with the Death Eaters. Then Dobby died when he helped them escape from the cellar. Then at the Battle of Hogwarts, Fred (I cried for most of the rest of book about that one), Tonks, and Lupin died. Crabbe died when he and Goyle and Malfoy went after Harry when he was looking for the Horcrucx. Then Voldemort killed Snape and Harry killed Voldemort. I'm sure that she was talking about Fred and Snape, but I think the others were main charachters as well

Turns out Snape loved Lily Potter, which I think everyone knew, but it went farther back than people believed. He lived near her as a child and fell in love with her as soon as he met her. He switched loyalities to Dumbledore when Volde went after her. Dumbledore was dying anyway (he put on one of the horcruxes and it cursed him) and he asked Snape to kill him when the moment was right so that he didn't have to suffer a cursed death. He also knew that Draco was supposed to kill him and asked Snape to do it instead.

Harry lives and marries Ginny. Ron and Hermione get married and the book ends with them sending their children off to Hogwarts, to see Professor Longbottom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i read your spoiler only b/c i know i will never read the books! i did just see the latest potter movie on friday. did you see it? i really loved it.
i just posted on my myspace that i deleted all my blog entries, and don't read/post on blogs much anymore - so take no offense if i don't pop on much here - just life is so hectic crazy that i need to re-think my strategy. and school hasn't even started! cheers! see you online for sure.