Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Bras and babies

I need some new bras. Dh commented the other day "how many bras do you have?" "uh, 2, not counting the left over nursing bras for laundry emergencies, why?" "because every time I've seen you with your shirt off for the last week, you've had that purple one on" "uh, yeah" One problem is I'm endowed and have a hard time finding anything that I like. I wear a D, so not huge, but bigger than a lot of places make. I don't like bras, as a general rule, but I'm a little big to go without so it has to be something crazy comfy. I don't like sports bras and I HATE HATE HATE with a passion underwires. I don't get padded/formed bras in my size either. If I were an A or B, I would totally get it but at a C/D? I fill out my own sweater thanks! Additionally, because I don't like bras, I don't want to pay much money for them. 5 years ago (which is the age of one of my bras) I found some Playtex ones at Target that are great. They are white, lightly padded (to prevent THO, I found out recently), no underwire and $15 a piece. Perfect! Sadly, they don't carry them anymore. In fact I couldn't find any Playtex bras there at all. I also recently got one at Lane Bryant that wasn't too bad. My mom had a coupon for buy one, get one half off and then they had some other sale so we each got a bra for $10 a piece. Unfortunately, the one here has gone out of business (they claim to be moving to a new location but they said it will be at least a year) and I'm afraid to order online. I tried on 3 different ones, same size, just different colors and all 3 fit differently.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Now for babies part. Lizzie is sitting here with her play phone saying "Hi, Grandma Jill, Hi Randy. Hi Grandma Jill, I talk my Randy" She apparently decided to call MIL and FIL but was more interested in talking to FIL than MIL. :)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I had good luck at Kohls and I am bigger than a D. I don't like underwire either and it isn't padded but a plain ol' bra! :) So go check them out!

Twisted Cinderella said...

I too am a D and I have a hard time getting bras too. I found that Penningtons had nice bras and underwear that I like, but they are not very inexpensive.

April said...

I found some nice non-underwire non-padded bras at Wal Mart. They are Fruit of the Loom Fit for Me bras, and they go all the way up to 44DD. And the best part... they are $6.87!!!