Thursday, July 19, 2007

World Series of Pop Culture

I have been watching this show for the last 2 weeks on VH1. I'm kind of a trivia junky and pop culture is my thing so I expected to do really well on this. I have been amazed at the things I didn't know and the things I did. They had a Patrick Swayze quote catagory the other night and I expected to bomb on it, since I've only ever seen one of his movies more than once, and most not at all. Out of 6 questions, I got 5 right and the one I missed, I had never even heard of the movie. Then tonight, they had a Dirty Dancing catagory. I was thinking "I've got this locked because I've seen the movie a million times" (the one PS movie I have seen, repeatedly). I got 1 freaking question right (what does Baby help carry that allows her to meet Johnny). The others, like what was Baby's real name and what was the name of the resort, I totally missed and should have known.

I told Evan I'm going to be on the show next year. I will either get a team together (my dad and someone else that is a trivia junky) or I will play on Almost Perfect Strangers 3.0, which is the internet team that don't know each other before hand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love this show! We did not get to watch it last night, though. Don't tell me who won!

Oh, and it's Frances, isn't it?