Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Harry Potter

First of all, yay, I'm not a spammer anymore. Blogspot suspended my account because it had "characteristics of a spam blog" I had to go through a verification process to prove that I was human not just a spam bot. I also emailed them and asked what triggered it and how I can avoid it in the future.

Second, We went to see OoTP tonight. I thought it was great! The special effects where superb. I read the book a while ago so I can't really compare it to the movie, although dh says that the Sirius Black scene at the end is quite a bit different. We took C and he did ok. It was a little slow and there were several scenes that required reading (lots of spinning newspapers and Umbridge decrees) so I was having to tell him what they said all the time. He got a bit antsy but during the last 30-45 minutes, things really heated up and the action was intense. He was absolutely riveted to the screen during the battle at the ministry. Personally, I got a little ansty at about the hour mark but overall it was a good movie. For as dark as I remember the book, there were several moments that were actually LOL funny. And for once, I wasn't the only person in the theater that was laughing (generally other people don't seem to get the jokes). HP is turning into quite a hottie! Ron isn't bad looking either, although I think he has doubled in size since the last film! He was really freaking tall. Hermione doesn't seem to have changed much since the last film. Actually I went looking for pictures of her from the first film and can't find any good ones. From the little bit I could see on the cover, it doesn't look like she has changed all that much from the first film. Gotten taller and thinned out a bit, but nothing major like the 2 boys.

I'm sad there were no Quidditch scenes at all. There weren't even many flight scenes (the one at the beginning is brilliant though so I guess that makes up for it), which are some of my favorite scenes in the other movies. The Department of Mysteries scene is fantastic and the actors do a really good job of it (and all the other scenes), considering it is all green screen. I thought Emma Watson did a great job. She seemed to really be able to convay (which I'm sure isn't spelled write, but I'm too lazy to look it up) a lot with a glance or facial expression. The scene where she introduces Luna to the others is a great example of this.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ok... I am dying to watch the movie now as I cannot read your blog until I do so.... :)

We have only 8 chapters left to go!

Jennifer said...

Ok... now I can read your HP post! We finished the book this afternoon and took everyone to the drive-inn tonight. I thought the movie was very good but it was so far from the book. That part kind of bothered me to the point that I wasn't truly enjoying the movie. I kept having to tell myself to just enjoy it for what it was - it wasn't the book! I was most shocked by Neville - he was always so nerdy in the other movies but man is he tall and distinguished now! Ron and Harry are still hotties and I totally agree about Hermonine she looks exactly the same. I cannot wait to read books 6 and 7 now.