Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sick to death of tagging

I have spent literally the last 2 hours tagging like mad in ACDSee and I'm fully sick of it. However, I am almost done. I have my paper file left to tag, although it is by far my largest file. Fortunately, some of my stuff is already done in there. Since I figured out what the heck I'm doing, my tags have been better. Part of the problem, I think, is that the window for ACDSee and my "Files" folder in Vista look similar. I think that some times I thought I was moving stuff around in ACDSee and I was actually using Vista, which destroyed my tags and created orphan files.

I also figured out how to clean up my database and get rid of all the thumbnails that are no longer connected to a file. That took forever but now they are gone and my tags should be good to go from here on out. My orphans are out of my database so know opening and moving files should be much easier. Now I just need to figure out how I should burn them to DVDs and then I'll be all set :)

No comments: