Friday, May 1, 2009

Love and Marriage

We have been having some issues getting TB to brush his teeth. The other night I told him "Dude, if you don't brush your teeth, PK (the girl he has a huge crush on in his class) won't want to kiss you" I said this fully expecting the response of "eww, girls are gross. Instead he promptly turned and ran for the bathroom to brush his teeth! When he came back, he said "PK will never want to kiss me anyway"
Me: why not?
TB: because I'm 7 (said with all the "DUH" he could muster
Me: what does that have to do with anything?
TB: She's 6!
Me: Again, what does that have to do with anything
TB: We are different ages
Me: Daddy and I are different ages, Nonni and Paw-paw are different ages. It is ok to be different ages.
TB: turns and goes to his room "whatever"

The other day MT and I were at the grocery store and out of no where she says "I'm getting married"
Me: Who are you marrying?
MT: you
Me: you can't marry me, we are related. You have to marry someone you aren't related to
MT: well who am I not related to?
Me: X-man, PG (equal opportunity, of course), Bubba, Curious J, Lightening McColin...
MT: Oh, I need to go on a date with Bubba!!

3 comments:

SunnyD said...

It'll be perfect! They can scream in each other's faces for their human existence. :-)

Quigs78 said...

Do you think we could have the reception at the McD's playplace?

The Fearless Freak said...

Totally! They have been on many dates there, after all. I'm sure it will long hold a special place in their hearts :)