Friday, November 7, 2008

Sprinkle liberally

I'm not a really political person. 8 years ago, I left several sites I frequented on the internet because I was SO SICK of all the political discussion. 4 years ago was much the same. This time around I wasn't as disenfranchised, but I was still tired of it by the time it was over. The campaigns run for so long that by the end of it, it feels like they have already had a term in office and they haven't even started. I'm glad Barack won, I'm sad the school tax didn't get approved.

I'm mostly liberal, although I've been told that I could be considered Libertarian as well. Most of my friends are liberal as well. In looking around, I realized that I can only name 2 McCain supports, of people that I know personally. Those 2 are my aunt and my uncle and neither of them live in my state (One lives in MN and the other in AK) so I rarely talk to them. I did see a McCain sticker on a car at school at least one of the parents at school is and I probably know them. But really, everyone I associate with on a regular basis is liberal.

Now, my question. Is that because there are simply so many liberal people in our town? Or is it because we share many of the same ideals so I seek those people out to befriend? Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

No comments: