Sunday, December 7, 2008

Meeting people

About a year ago, a new person joined our playgroup. She went to tons of meetups and I know because I was at most them. After about the 3rd or 4th one, I commented to RF "there is a new girl in the group and she is at all the meetups that I've been at recently and I'm just not sure what I think about her. Sometimes she is really funny and other times I'm just not sure how to take her. She'll say things that sound like things I would say but she sounds serious about them. I can't decide if she just has a super dry sense of humor or is just kind of a bitch" RF suggested that I take her how I would want to be taken which is with a painfully dry sense of humor. So I kept hanging out with her and taking her in the best possible spirit. After awhile, I figured out that I was taking things exactly the right way and not only was she not a bitch, but she was a super fab, awesome person!

Today, I spent the afternoon hanging out with her, Loosey, Harley and Ms. Lemonade, baking holiday cookies. I chose easy drop cookies so I walked in, threw them on a cookie sheet and tossed them in the oven. In 13 minutes, I was done and could sit and drink and talk and drink and talk we did! We had a super fab time discussing everything and snacking on the yummy goodies. I brought a little bit of each item home and now i'm trying to figure out if I should be a good wife and mom and share the bounty with my family or if I should be selfish glutton and hide it all for me. Naturally, I leave towards the selfish but I do try to be better occasionally :)

3 comments:

Quigs78 said...

*sniff, sniff*

I love you, too.

Jennifer said...

What a great story about you and your friend. I am very skeptical when it comes to friendships. I think I "over-judge" and then end up missing out on some great friendships. Your friend that told you to, see her the way you would want to be seen, is an awesome friend too! Cherish those friendships you have - and it sounds like you are darn good at that!

Amy said...

I had the bestest time too! Glad to hang out with you!!