Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Buyer beware!!

Since C has started skating, we have been going 2 or 3 times a month. In all this time, I have been renting skates. Unfortunately, the skates don't fit well, they never roll quite the same and are just generally old and starting to wear out. I decided that I wanted a pair of skates of my own and found a pair that was exactly the amount of my b-day money. I finally got around to ordering them over the weekend, thinking I would have them by this weekend or early next week. I placed my order, got an invoice emailed to me saying that I would be getting my skates, green laces and a bearing upgrade, plus free shipping. I ordered the green laces because the skates are black on black and the only color that didn't cost extra was the green and I thought it would be fun to have some color. I didn't order the bearing upgrade but I assumed it was a promotion or something and didn't worry too much about it.

Side note, I ordered speed skates because regualr skates are so hard to find at a reasonable price. I couldn't give a flip less about the bearings because it isn't like I race or anything. Just round and round the rink at Skateland with a 6 year old.

Monday, I got a call from them telling me that it was a database error and if I really wanted the upgraded bearings, I would need to pay an additional $20. I told the girl that wasn't acceptable, it wasn't my error and I wasn't paying for their mistake. She insisted that she couldn't do anything so I asked to speak to a supervisor. She put me on hold and then came back and said there were no supervisors available, but that she would leave a message and have them call me.

By Tuesday afternoon, I still hadn't heard from anyone so I opened a support ticket at their website, giving them a copy of the invoice I got from them as well as stating my desire. I told them I simply wanted what I was told I was getting for the amount that I had already been charged. This morning, I got an email back from them saying "to shorten this arguement, your order has been cancelled and your card is being refunded. You can re-purchase the skates when the database error is fixed"!

I emailed them back and told them it was the worst customer service I had ever seen anywhere and that I would most certainly not be ordering from them and I would be telling everyone I knew how poor their customer service was. All over some stupid $20 bearings. Lame, Lame, Lame.

Long story short, do not order anything for skates.com. They are shady and provide poor customer service.

No comments: