Friday, April 11, 2008

Dorkiness and good things

First of all, the only time I get to watch TV that isn't kid's shows during the day is during Lizzie's nap. I am outrageously excited to point out that one of my favorites shows of all time just happens to be on in this time frame. I get to watch Jeopardy! everyday and it makes me very happy! :)

As most of you know, I like to read. I joined a forum last year called "50 books a year" thinking that was a fairly lofty goal. By the end of the year, I had 65 books, not counting infinate children's books. I was really impressed with myself. Then I read Misc's Real Simple List and found out that she read 90 books last year! 90 freaking books! That is a whole lotta books. So I have decided to challenge myself to read at least that many this year. So far, I'm at 27 books for the year and I have 2 more sitting on my desk waiting to be read and 4 that should be in any day from the library (I'm ankle deep in 3 or 4 different series and can't seem to get any of the books in so I keep starting new ones to have something to read). I need to average just short of 2 books a week and thus far, I'm right on target, 15 weeks into the year. I think I'm going to have to step my game up if I want to read 90 books this year.

Finally, I have managed to get ACDSee 10 recognize my v9 database and tags as having tags. Now, I just have to figure out how to import them so I don't have to load off the CD all the time. Probably easier said than done, just like everything else with this stupid upgrade but hopefully I'll figure it out sooner rather than later :)

4 comments:

Jenna said...

What series do you read? I get obsessed and have to read the entrie series and then wait impatiently for the newest installment.

The Fearless Freak said...

Right now, I'm reading the "Bigtime" series by Jennifer Estep, the "Alphabet" series by Sue Grafton, the "Vegas Vampire" series by Erin McCarthy and the "Anita Blake" series by Laurell Hamilton. I also have on hold the first book in the "Sookie Stackhouse" series by Charlaine Harris, A series by Tanya Huff (I don't remember what it is called) and the first book of another series by another author that I can't remember the name of, but I just put it on hold yesterday.

Plus other misc books like "An Innocent, A Broad" by Ann Leary. I need to publish my list so everyone can see what I have read :)

Misc said...

Rock on, Carrie! Go, you book nut, go!

I just started another book last night (finished the 600 pager I started last week - phew).

Good luck on cracking 90! I'm hoping to repeat or break 90. Wish me luck.

Anonymous said...

I started a Tanya Huff series but couldn't even get through the first book. I don't remember what it was. Was a way long time ago.

I've never counted how many books I've read in a year. If you ask dh, who was stopping at the library for me on the way home about every other day, he'd tell you thousands!