Friday, July 11, 2008

Wall-E Review

I planned to review Wall-E after we saw it but never got around to it. Fortunately, for me and YOU, Slate did get around to it and did it much better and more well researched than I could (or would) have.

Why Wall-e is Bad. My only additional comment was that I felt like the whole movie simply a vehicle to make a not-so-thinly-veiled social comment. I don't want social commentary, especially overt social commentary in my cartoons. I want fun and laughs (which there are some, I'll admit) and entertainment. The short at the beginning of the movie is the part of the whole thing

2 comments:

makeup_girl said...

Did you like "Happy Feet?" I had no idea until I watched it that it also had an underlying theme.

The Fearless Freak said...

I didn't like Happy Feet, either. I also didn't realize that it had it's message until I saw it. Besides that, it was just too long. At least Wall-E had it's length right.