Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Musical musings

Up front, my I key isn't working right so I apologize if it manages to get left out occasionally.

Anyone remember the rumors that Gavin Rossdale was gay? Then he married Gwen and sort of dropped out of the public eye, except as her husband and father of her babies.

Now he is back with a new song "Love Remains the Same" Does anyone else think it sounds like a break up song to Gwen?



Like Pink's "Who Knew"



wasn't a goodbye to Carey Hart?

Something else, raise your hand if you are completely over Colbie Caillat! Bubbly was cute when it first came out but then they played it to DEATH. Then Realize came out and it sounds like the same freaking song. Now they play them both 20 times a day and it is just way to much. They need to skip a couple of her songs and stick Duffy in there instead. I really like her song "Mercy" and wouldn't mind hearing it a little more often.

Speaking of "Mercy", the DJ on the radio sounded like quite the idiot today when he was talking about it. He said "the Welsh singer Duffy, with her retro, almost Amy Winehouse inspired song Mercy" Uh, no. Retro, yes. Similar to Amy Winehouse, a bit, but it really can't be both since Amy Winehouse is contemporary, not retro. I do realize that her sound was retro inspired but that is just being redundant.

8 comments:

makeup_girl said...

Wow. I had no idea you were so up-to-date with your music. I've stopped listening to Top 40 stations because all the music sounds the same. Every so often I'll bite, and get some new music on the MP3, but very rarely. I usually just stick with what I know I like.

The Fearless Freak said...

I listen to my musc on my MP3 player a lot too but usually only when the kids aren't with me. I put a playlist for them on there and whenever I turn it on, it turns into an all out battle for their music and whose songs we listen too.

At least with the radio, they don't fight, as much, because I can't change what is playing.

SunnyD said...

Don't laugh at me but I've never heard Gavin sing. In fact I didn't know who he was before the Gwen years.

Pink, tho', really pulls some awesome songs off when she wants to.

Quigs78 said...

That Freak. She's so hip.

Unknown said...

Loosey, you have to be kidding me. You dont know the lead singer of Bush.

-RF

SunnyD said...

Better yet, I know NO Bush songs.

Unknown said...

Origional CD was the best, not a great band, but a few decent songs. They where big in the late 90's and had a tour featuring them, No doubt, and Goo Goo Dolls. oddly enough I liked the dolls best of all 3.


-RF

SunnyD said...

LOL. You romantic you, with your Goo Goo Dolls.