Friday, September 7, 2007

Apology to ES and my fun at Payless

I snarked about ES and their prize in the ADSR. Then I found out that they are having some SERIOUS issues. So my coupon issue is minor and I feel like a tool for griping about it.

A couple of weeks ago, we went to Payless to buy some new tennis shoes for the kids. While I was there, I noticed a sign saying that the toddler sized Airwalk Croc knockoffs (dh called them Krocs LOL) were being recalled because the strap tab could pop off and pose a choking hazard. Both kids have a pair that were in the size range (although entirely too small for both of them now) and purchased during the time that the recalled shoes were sold. I finally got around to taking the shoes in tonight to get them replaced.

They determined they were recalled and told us to go pick new ones. C picked a Shrek pair and it was fine. Lizzie was the problem. There were NO Krocs in her size, AT ALL. There was only two pairs in a size that was bigger (not even the next size up they were 2 sizes bigger) and they were black racecars. Lizzie proclaimed them "blech" LOL I asked the girl if we could get a different pair of shoes since there was nothing for little girls and she said that was fine. Lizzie picked a pair of sparkly pink princess shoes (which I proclaimed "blech", but that matters not LOL) and we took everything to register to do the exchange. Lizzie ran and hid because she thought we were going to make her take her new shoes off! They had to call somewhere and get an authorization code and whatever so mom took the kids to the car, because they were getting antsy. They get the code, punch it in, scan the new shoes and tell me "your total is $17.89" WHAT! I think not. I brought in RECALLED shoes to EXCHANGE. I did not come in to buy new shoes because I just did that a few weeks ago.

I ask for an explanation and they tell me that C's shoes were only $5 and that because we picked non-Krocs for Liz that it couldn't be an even exchange. First of all, C's shoes were 14.99 when I bought them, not 5. Second, you people told me that I could get different shoes because you didn't have the ones I needed. They decide that they would give me the full credit C's shoes but still wanted to charge me for Lizie's. I said forget it, I'll go get the shoes and then I just want my money back. My plan had been to bring Lizzie in the store, sit her on the counter and tell them "you tell this baby that she can't have her princess shoes and you get them off her feet" and then let her scream the store down in a Lizzie fit. Lizzie's fits are enough to stress someone used to dealing with her. I figured they would relent, just to get her out of the store.

Instead, my mom went in and had at them. They told her they couldn't do anything but the manager would be in tomorrow. Mom says "well I'm here now, not tomorrow". They tell her that she can go over to the mall store and talk to the manager at that store. Uh, also not an option. Two kids, who are cranky and tired and ready for bed? So not dragging them all over town. The girls end up giving her the number for the other store and she talks to the manager. After explaining that whatever they sold the shoes for, they are now selling them for $19.99, so that is the amount that we should get for exchange since we can't buy them for the original price and also the princess shoes were only $17.99 so $2 cheaper, the manager agreed with her and they did an even exchange.

Lizzie is so excited about her shoes, she wanted to sleep in them. Boy did she kick up a fight when I took them off. I had to put them next to her bed and promise her she could put them on her feet the second she got up in the morning.

Also, I'm hungry. I didn't eat dinner because I had a frozen coffee thing that filled me up. I may go dig out a cheese stick or something and then go to bed

2 comments:

Henny Penny said...

Glad you got the shoes worked out. I don't get it when retail folks don't try to work with you. When I worked at Sherwin Williams my manager always wanted us to go out of our way to make customers happy.
Thanks for blogrolling Central Illinois Life!

Cheryl said...

You are a good person. :)