Thursday, September 20, 2007

Lost pictures again

Every time I reconcile myself to the loss of my pictures (dh has done everything he could and the only thing that is left is to pay to have it rebuilt with prices starting around $700), I think of another event that I'm missing pictures of. So I'm going to blog about the pictures that I've lost and hope that I will feel better about it by doing that. And these are just the ones I know about because I don't know for sure what dh has on his machine.

Most importantly, I lost the pictures of C's first day of K. I think I can recreate those since it was only a couple of weeks ago but that means we have to get to school early one morning this week. I just have to try and remember what clothes he wore that day.

Next up is the pictures from our trip to Santa Claus, IN. I was a month behind on scrapping so those pictures are totally gone. The only hope I have about recovering them is that they might still be on my card since it so recent but I've taken lots of pictures since then so I doubt I'd be able to pull off too many pictures. I had some really good ones too. The kids in the sleigh was cute, Lizzie laying the water was adorable. So gone. The kids had a good time so it is possible we could go back sometime but it won't be for at least a year :(

I've also lost all the pictures of our Kentucky trip. SO I have nothing from Dinosaur World or the Slugger museum or anything else. The only saving grace is that I had finished the scrapbooking for that trip so while the pictures aren't printable or useable, I still have them and can look at them. TG

I've lost pictures of our Atlanta trip as well. Again, I've finished scrapping those pictures and can see them if not print them. These pictures include the kids first plane ride set which is really sad for me.

I'm missing everything from Jan Feb and March of this year. I can't, off the top of my head, think of anything super important that happened those months. C and I did go to the "mother son valentine's dance" in Feb but again, I've scrapped all those pictures.

I'm also missing Xmas of 2006. Again, some cute pictures but nothing earth shattering and I did a lot of pages about Xmas so I still have some of the pictures.

There are also a bunch of pictures missing from last year. I don't know which ones and I'm having a hard time remembering what was done last year. Pictures would help jog my memory but it seems like I would have remembered if it was something major.

Evan, thank God had copied several months worth of pictures to his hard drive a few months ago. Because of this, I have saved Lizzie's second b-day, all of our vacation in Nov, C's 5th birthday, Lizzie's first birthday, among other things. I'm so thankful that those months have been saved. My mil is going through her computer to see what I have sent her that she could send back and I'm going to ask my mom to do the same thing.

Between the 2 of them, dh and my scrapbook pages, I have saved hundreds of the pictures that rightly should be gone. I'm going to be much better about backinig up from now. Maybe as frequently as once a week.

Alright, I feel a little bit better for having typed it all out and seen how much I could lost. I need to check because in typing this out, it looks like C's 4th bday might be gone but it and the santa clause pictures are the only ones that would be totally gone.

No comments: