Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Vista

I was having a problem with my computer. Basically, I couldn't get to half my blogs and it was running crazy slow. I scanned it for viruses but it came back clean. I made dh scan it because I figured it was lying to me! It came back clean for him too :( Then he ran a check for spyware and it came back with 58 instances of spyware. Apparently, all the Google desktop stuff I installed was mucking up my system. Also Stumble upon was a big offender. Those of you that have should run a check for spy ware. So dh cleaned that all up and installed Vista. When I got my computer it came with a free upgrade to Vista. I've had the disk since Feb but haven't bothered installing it. There were lots of problems with it when it first came out (and if you ask my dh, the Macman, all windows products are nothing but problems) and I didn't want to mess with critical security flaws and stuff so I didn't upgrade. So he upgraded it for me and it now runs much faster. Dh says I'm not allowed to install anymore programs without his permission because he is tired of cleaning spyware of my computers. :) I have to restart to install all the updates, but it appears my blog issue is corrected. Yay, I can read Hummie's blog from my laptop again and I won't accidently post stuff like 10 times because the other pages keeps loading.

The only problem is that my touch pad scroll bar doesn't work anymore. I use that stupid thing all the time and it is bugging me that it won't work. Dh says "it is just drivers" (which is his answer for everything being former tech support LOL) and then left to go meet with his boss. I'm not sure what drivers I need or where to get them so I'll have to wait until he get home to fix it for me :)


In other news, I painted my fingers and toes blue and both kids decided they needed blue paint as well. They are so funny

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

OH my! You could not read my blog! Glad you are back...yeah...I run adaware, spybot, and ccleaner all the time! It's a must!

Cheryl said...

PS...don't see the tv shows listed...I'm compiling mine today...have about 4 to add before I post them....putting the start dates in the sidebar of my blog...just missing a few...time, time, I need more time!

The Fearless Freak said...

I could read it from my desktop but that meant it was 3 or 4 days between reads. Also, exceptional idea about adding the shows to the side bar. I have them in a spreadsheet. I have a love affair with spreadsheets and you can track my life by my Excel :) I hadn't thought to put them in my blog