Monday, September 17, 2007

Retro clothes

C has a retro family dance at school next month. I had thought that we would do a 50s theme because that would be easy enough for C. Jeans, a white tshirt and slicked back hair with his tennis shoes. No fuss no muss. Lizzie was going to be a little bit harder and I was thinking of buying her the 50s girl halloween costume with poodle skirt and all. Then I decided that I didn't want to spend that much money so I decided to do that 80s (because, hey, 20 years ago is retro right). I thought I would dress Liz in one of C's big t-shirts, a wide belt and leggings or leg warmers if I could find them. I can't come up with anything for C from the 80s. I was looking at Member's Only jackets and parachute pants on Ebay. There is nothing in his size that is even close :( I remember my brother used to wear crap like that all the time so where is it all now?

Maybe we'll just span the decades. C can do the 50s, Liz can do the 80s and I can do the 90s (since I never left grundge behind, that will be easy LOL) I could probably manage the 60s/70s as well, with a tie dyed shirt, jeans, and my birks. I used to have a "Broomstick skirt" that would have worked with my Birks but I don't have it anymore. I'd like to do 40s, since the clothes were so cool but that would require a major purchase since I have nothing that would work.

No comments: