Thursday, June 12, 2008

Long, busy day

Today started for me at about 3:50. I woke up to go to the bathroom and then couldn't go back to sleep. I layed awake for about 30 minutes before I gave up and started reading. I read until 5:30, when I finally felt tired again (this was all after I didn't make it to bed until nearly midnight). I went back to sleep until the alarm went off at 7:15. FIL was coming over to borrow a couple of our boats at 7:30 and I had to be up and dressed to give him the keys. FIL was running late and didn't get here until 7:45. Bah, I could have slept another 15 minutes. The Boy woke up as I was getting dressed and I told him to just lay still and wait for Ms Thang to wake up and when she did, they could come outside if I wasn't back. FIL showed up and I helped get the boats out and in his truck. We chatted for a few minutes and here come the kids out of the house. I expected jammies, but the TB had gotten both of them dressed. MT wasn't completely pulled together but it was a darn good effort for a 6 year old and a 3 year old working together.

FIL lefted and I fixed MT's clothes. By that time, it was time to get breakfast and head for our big kid playgroup this morning. It was so nice to have kids TB's age to play with. He had a really good time, although MT was little put off by not too many kids her age but that was just too bad. We played there until 10:30, when we came home, refilled our drinks, picked up snacks and Dad and went to our regular playgroup. They had the water on this morning and the kids LOVED playing in it. MT finally said she was cold so we headed home to eat. I had told Quigs that we would be over about noon to help move or watch kiddos but it was noon before we left the park and we still had to eat. TB curled up on the couch and would have fallen asleep if we had just left him alone. MT ate her lunch then actually ASKED to nap. This from the kid who rarely naps without a fight. I decided that life would be better if I let her do it so I put her down for her nap. She fell asleep in nothing flat and I sat in the living with TB and napped in the chair for a bit. RF went ahead and went to help the Quigs clan with the move.

MT got up about 2:15 so we jumped in the car and headed for Quig's fancy new bonus room house Rf and Papa Quigs were knee deep in crib assemblege and I was supposed to watch the kids while she unpacked. They both said how much help we were but I seriously didn't feel it. RF was helpful because putting crap together like that is always a 2 person job but all I did was add two more kids who wanted to be in the way to the mix. Quigs did get some of her kitchen unpacked, which is helpful, I suppose. As thanks for our "help" they treated us to dinner at Ryan's. Poor Bubba didn't get a nap so he was just on the edge of a serious meltdown. PG ate a boat load of mac and cheese and entertained us with her Night at the Roxbury impression.

Now RF and Papa Quigs are going to get their nerd on at "Game Night" at Missy's house and I'm thinking how early I justify going to bed.

1 comment:

Misc said...

Too bad game night didn't work out (Frank and I miscommunicated regarding how late the sitter was staying since I was out).