Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Good day, Sunshine

This morning, we went to the park with Quigs and crew as well as a few other playgroup fams. It was fun and we were there for nearly 2 hours. Came home and had lunch and then put Ms Thang down for her nap. After the nap, we hit the pool and styaed there for about an hour and a half. Came home to cook dinner (can you see the theme here LOL), only to find the meat I put out to thaw a solid block of frozen beef :( Decided to go to McDonald's instead because there was no way that the meat was going to thaw enough to get it apart and even if it did, there is no way that I could have gotten it to thaw enough to get it on the sticks for th kabobs. I Called Quigs because she up for anything and since they are moving tomorrow, I knew the kitchen would be all packed up so they would need to go somewhere to eat, might as well be with us :)

My mom joined us as well and the kids ate and played. PG ate half a cheeseburger which is crazy because she weighs about as much as can of pop! They had to leave so we went ahead and came home. I decided to go to Walgreens to see if I could find a banana clip, even though Quigs says "no banana clips". I found one and tried it as soon as I got home. I should have just listened to Quigs because it seriously looked like an animal had created a nest in my hair. I'll be taking it back tomorrow morning because it was crazy bad. The kids had "blue moon" ice cream (MT) and "Scooperman" (TB) and bowls of popcorn before coming home for the night. Then they watched some TV and I played on Facebook for a bit. Now they are in bed and I'm shopping online.

Looseyfur told me about Torrid recently and I've been looking around there. I've found a lot of really nice stuff, especially swimsuits. I really love this one although, I can't really justify spending as much for just the top as I did for my entire current suit. I'm also not sure that it would be any better than what I currently have (that I don't like because it is 2 piece and the top floats up all over the place)Also, I don't like skirts on swimsuits (as Quigs says, I'm just fat, not 80, thanks) but I dig this one skirt or not :) I will keep them in mind for the next time I need a suit though because maybe I can finally find something that fits right (which is worth a lot, especially since I pay upwards of $80, usually, for suits that only sort of fit)

Now I'm thinking of having a bowl of ice cream while I read my book before bed. Then I'm thinking that if I didn't eat all that ice cream, I wouldn't have to shop at places like Torrid and spend $80 on swimwear. Then I think "Screw it, I want the freaking ice cream" :)

I leave you with a conversation my 3 year old with an older girl at the pool today

Other girl: Hey, let me have that floatie (the pool has foam float things that the kids can use in the kiddie pool and MT was playing on one)
MT: No
OG: *grabs floatie trying to pull it out from under MT*
MT: Stop it, leave me alone
OG: Just give me the floatie
MT: *screaming* LEAVE ME ALONE
OG: You're rude
MT: You suck

Leave it to my child to break it down so simply ROFL

7 comments:

Quigs78 said...

OMG - I was totally looking at that cherry one, too! But then I thought I would look like a big fat cherry tree and birds would try to peck at me.

The Fearless Freak said...

But cherries are hot and everybody needs a good bird accesesory :)

Quigs78 said...

I need a bird accessory like I need a banana clip on the head.

;)

Quigs78 said...

But from what I read, a banana clip on the head might draw some birds, too. :)

The Fearless Freak said...

I'm thinking a parrot on my shoulder to go with my pirate headband. Then people really would be afraid to make fun of my pigtails because I would totally train the parrot to attack! :)

The Fearless Freak said...

Or other animals, like rabid raccoons or tazmanian devils!

SunnyD said...

Dude, you're so making me hungry.