Sunday, March 30, 2008

Long time, no post

First, I met Mrs. Chicken at the church playground on Thursday. I felt completely lame just going up to her and asking if she was who I thought she was but she was super nice :) The Poo is adorable and her and Lizzie are a LOT alike.

Second, no posts recently due to illness. About 8:30 Thursday night, I was in the dining room and C came in. He was crying and trying to tel me something. All of a sudden he coughed and I shoved him toward the trash can where he threw up :( He was up a couple more times during the night and has had diahrra (sp?) since then.

Friday afternoon, Lizzie got up from her nap crying and sobbing. She kept telling me that her ear itched so I would scratch it and she would be ok for a few minutes. Then she would start crying again. Finally she said it hurt and I gave her some Tylenol. When my dad got home from work (like 30 minutes after she got up), I took her to the doctor and found out that she had an ear infection in both ears. No other indication that anything was wrong. So now she is on meds for that and while still a bit grumpy (toss up whether that is just Lizzie being Lizzie or if the ear is bothering her) she seems to be feeling much better.

Finally, I was able to get my photo tagging software backed up and I was able to reformat my computer! When I bought my laptop, it was right before Vista came out so I got a free upgrade. I waited until over the summer to install it and regretted it from the get go. Backing up is such a pain in the rear though that I hadn't done anything about it. Finally, it got to the point that it was grinding to a halt and just wouldn't work right and I HAD to get it done. I got everything backed up and put XP back on last night. Dh spent a lot of time getting me new drivers and getting all my programs back up and running. Now, as soon as I figure out how to get my tagged files back on the computer, with tags (they are still on my EHD, where I store them but the tags are gone), I'll be completely done. And it is a good thing :)

3 comments:

SunnyD said...

Blah! So sorry to hear that L and C are sick. That's so sucks. We're in Pinkeyeville over here. How exactly do I get drops in a toddler's eyes? Particularly when I know the drops burn a bit at first (making the dose to the 2nd eye a real challenge.) Sigh.

Here's to hoping neither of us gets any of the three different kid illnesses!

Amy said...

It was great to meet you, too! I think our girls are cut from the same cloth. We'll have to meet at the playground for lunch one of these days.

Misc said...

Hope the kiddos are up and running again soon.